‘This is a really exciting opportunity to explore themes that have emerged from other Caucus projects, which have the potential to create thought leadership for Innovate UK’
Debbie Johnson, Innovate UK
‘This is a great opportunity for innovation and social science researchers to influence the priorities of Innovate UK’
Tim Vorley, Innovation Caucus
We’re excited to be able to work with Innovate UK to fund up to 4 state of the art thought leadership projects that draw on academic insights (and primary research, if applicable) to provide new insights in one of three broad areas: design, social capital and green growth. The Innovation Caucus is offering funding of up to £10,000 for a suitable project led by a Caucus member. Deadline for applications is Monday 11 April, 5pm.
There will be an online Q&A session to cover any questions that you may have about the Future of Innovation Funding Call on 31 March at 2pm. (Join Zoom Meeting)
Future of Innovation Funding Call:
Innovate UK is looking for thought leadership projects that will provide insights for business and policy making in these three key areas:
- Design – We invite projects exploring the benefits of design tools and processes in realizing stronger innovation outcomes for businesses, and potential implications for future innovation policy and programmes.
- Social Capital – We invite projects exploring the relationships between social capital and innovation, and the implications for policy and programmes to support innovators and innovative businesses.
- Green Growth – We are inviting projects to explore the future of green innovation collaborations and implications for the circular economy, identifying new future pathways for greening and the role of different policies in relation to the UK innovation system.
Intended outputs: These should include a c.10 slide presentation to ESRC/Innovate UK, a report (c.25 pages), and an executive summary (5 pages).
Please complete and send to email@example.com the proposal form: IC Funding Call Application Form March 2022
Completed proposal forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject heading ‘Funding proposal – Future of Innovation’. The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Monday 11th April 2022.
- Project costs (cost of travel, accommodation and subsistence)
- Networking/event costs
- Teaching or research buy-out
- Research assistance
Any other costs including but not limited to the below are ineligible costs (please email Laura at email@example.com to check if unsure):
- Institutional overheads/work space
- Additional salary payment to the researchers or personal maintenance
- Equipment (inc but not limited to computing, recording equipment etc.)
A selection panel, which will include the Principal Investigator for the Innovation Caucus and the project lead(s) for Innovate UK and/or ESRC, will meet to agree the preferred proposal, based on the following criteria:
- Relevant expertise of lead applicants and other researchers
- How well proposals meet the project brief
- Value for money
- Feasibility of project plans.
A final specification for the project will be agreed with the successful applicant(s). We will aim to let you know the outcome of the selection by the end of April.