Supporting innovation through
social science insight
The Innovation Caucus supports sustainable innovation-led growth by promoting engagement between the social sciences and the innovation ecosystem.
Our members are leading academics from across the social science community, who are engaged in different aspects of innovation research.
We connect the social sciences, Innovate UK and the ESRC, by providing research insights to inform innovation policy and practice.
We champion the role of social science in innovation and enhance its impact. This project is funded and co-developed by Innovate UK and the ESRC.
To ensure that social science insights support sustainable, innovation-led economic growth.
- To ensure innovation programmes are informed by social science research findings
- To enhance the impact of social science by connecting academics with strategists, analysts and technologists at Innovate UK
- To support the ESRC to embed innovation more deeply into its activities
- To facilitate closer collaboration between Innovate UK and the ESRC
- To promote engagement across UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
How we work
We work collaboratively to share knowledge and expertise, strengthen relationships and build a community of practice.
We do this in 5 key ways:
- Serve as a critical friend to Innovate UK and the ESRC
- Provide rapid responses to questions requiring expertise
- Produce in-depth evidence reviews and briefings
- Facilitate masterclasses and workshops
- Undertake research projects and support doctoral interns
Benefits for members
We recruit new members periodically.
Benefits for members include:
- Opportunities for research project funding
- Influencing innovation policies, practices and programmes
- Facilitating / participating in events on specialist research areas
- Extending academic networks
- Sharing ideas, expertise and resources
- Developing closer collaborations with Innovate UK and the ESRC
- Increasing the impact of research
Who we are
Innovation Caucus Management Group
Deputy Director – Strategy,
Senior Portfolio Manager,
Deputy Director – Innovation and Impact,
Applications are invited from highly motivated PhD students to undertake a three month, full time internship (or up to 6 […]Read more
Opening keynote: ISCF & the Social Sciences in Wave 3 – Dan Hodges, Deputy Director, Strategy – Innovate UK After […]Read more
Latest from Twitter
- Last chance to get applications in for this PhD internship opportunity! Closes 5pm tomorrow! @KTNUK @ESRC @innovateuk @AdamLuqmani @Mel_Knetsch @EconDanH @timvorley https://t.co/eMZcNnNXtj
- Just 1 week to go till the closing date for this fantastic PhD internship opportunity, "Helping Innovators to Manufacture". Please RT to spread the word! @KTNUK @innovateuk @ESRC @AdamLuqmani @Mel_Knetsch @EconDanH https://t.co/flwuxSIdbG
Follow us at @innovcaucus
Business Model Innovation
Learn about our work on business innovation and how it can benefit your business.