Supporting innovation through
social science insight
The Innovation Caucus supports sustainable innovation-led growth by promoting engagement between the social sciences and the innovation ecosystem.
Our members are leading academics from across the social science community, who are engaged in different aspects of innovation research.
We connect the social sciences, Innovate UK and the ESRC, by providing research insights to inform innovation policy and practice.
We champion the role of social science in innovation and enhance its impact. This project is funded and co-developed by Innovate UK and the ESRC.
To ensure that social science insights support sustainable, innovation-led economic growth.
- To ensure innovation programmes are informed by social science research findings
- To enhance the impact of social science by connecting academics with strategists, analysts and technologists at Innovate UK
- To support the ESRC to embed innovation more deeply into its activities
- To facilitate closer collaboration between Innovate UK and the ESRC
- To promote engagement across UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
How we work
We work collaboratively to share knowledge and expertise, strengthen relationships and build a community of practice.
We do this in 5 key ways:
- Serve as a critical friend to Innovate UK and the ESRC
- Provide rapid responses to questions requiring expertise
- Produce in-depth evidence reviews and briefings
- Facilitate masterclasses and workshops
- Undertake research projects and support doctoral interns
Benefits for members
We recruit new members periodically.
Benefits for members include:
- Opportunities for research project funding
- Influencing innovation policies, practices and programmes
- Facilitating / participating in events on specialist research areas
- Extending academic networks
- Sharing ideas, expertise and resources
- Developing closer collaborations with Innovate UK and the ESRC
- Increasing the impact of research
Who we are
Innovation Caucus Management Group
Head of Economics & Insights,
Senior Portfolio Manager,
Lead Research Specialist,
Deputy Director – Innovation and Impact,
The ESRC have invited applications for a Manufacturing Made Smarter Research Director. The Research Director will ensure that social and economic […]Read more
Latest from Twitter
- RT @aspect_network: Applications for the @UKRI_News Catalyst Awards have opened! If you're a UK based researcher with an innovative idea ar…
- Catalyst Awards for innovations in healthy ageing. Info session at 2pm today. @zincvc and @UKRI_News are keen to hear from applicants with arts, humanities and social science backgrounds, as well as ECRs. https://t.co/z9fv0LTu3w
Follow us at @innovcaucus
Business Model Innovation
Learn about our work on business innovation and how it can benefit your business.
Knowledge Exchange - Konfer
Innovation brokerage at your fingertips: search the Konfer website to find business-university collaboration partners, experts, research, equipment and funding opportunities.